Xbox Game Pass December 2020 game additions are announced, and stellar additions like Control and Doom Eternal (PC) headline some big names.
Xbox has announced the roster for Xbox Game Pass December 2020 game additions, and it’s an impressive lineup that includes Remedy’s Control as well as Doom Eternal on PC. Xbox Game Pass is the subscription service Microsoft offers Xbox owners that, for a small fee each month, allows them access to a wide and ever-expanding library of games ranging from new releases to some time-tested classics.
The Xbox Game Pass service has remained one of the bright spots of both the Xbox One and, presumably, will be a similarly beloved element of the Xbox Series X/S, which will also include the subscription service. Xbox Game Pass has historically been a positive discussion topic for consumers who feel the service offers the best value for money out of the big three consoles, and it’s consistently backed that up with big game additions. The recently announced Xbox Game Pass pre-install feature is an example of how Xbox continues to improve the service beyond its roster of games, too, as now players have the ability to preload some of the games “Coming soon” to the service so they can play immediately once they’re available.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
With the holiday season approaching and a lot of Xbox Series X/S owners wondering what to play due to a pretty light launch lineup, the Xbox Game Pass December 2020 games offer a lot to consider. Xbox Wire provided a full list of what’s coming to Xbox Game Pass in December 2020, and the big standouts are Control and Doom Eternal (PC), two stellar titles with positive critical and fan reception. Control was teased by Xbox recently and was an expected addition, while Doom Eternal is a savvy choice for PC subscribers, as that’s the platform of choice for many Doom veterans.
Among the other games announced for the service, Va-11 Hall-A on PC looks to be a potential sleeper hit for a lot of fans who might not be aware of the game – it’s something of an indie darling and worth a look, especially now that it’s on Game Pass PC. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition is another big addition and one that might genuinely be the best way to experience the popular JRPG, so those who’ve held out this long – or want to experience it on Xbox Series X/S, if they’re lucky enough to own one – should give it a look.
The Xbox Game Pass December 2020 game additions are big, and should help generate some positive buzz around the brand heading into a crucial holiday season. While console shortages remain an issue, perception of which of the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S is “healthier” when it comes to game options will still be critical to how early adopters and would-be purchasers view each brand heading into 2021. With Xbox Game Pass firing on all cylinders still, it’s a major draw to the console, and for good reason – it’s hard to argue with the quality of Control and Doom Eternal.
All Games Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass December 2020
- Control (Android & Console) – December 3
- Doom Eternal (PC) – December 3
- Haven (Console & PC) – December 3
- Rage 2 (Android) – December 3
- Slime Rancher (Android & Console) – December 3
- Va-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action (PC) – December 3
- Yes, Your Grace (Android, Console, & PC) – December 3
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition (Console & PC) – December 4
- Call of the Sea (Android, Console, & PC) – December 8
- Monster Sanctuary (Android & Console) – December 8
- Starbound (PC) – December 8
- Unto The End (Console & PC) – December 9
- Assetto Corsa (Android & Console) – December 10
- Gang Beasts (Android & Console) – December 10
- GreedFall (Android, Console, & PC) – December 10
- Superhot: Mind Control Delete (Android & Console) – December 10
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (Android, Console, & PC) – December 10
Next: PS5 Completely Lacks Xbox Series X’s Best Next-Gen Feature
Source: Xbox Wire
Selling Sunset: Everything To Remember About Heather Young In Season 1
About The Author