The pre-patch for World of Warcraft: Shadowlands comes with twenty Rares spawning in Icecrown on timers. Here’s what they are and what loot they drop.
With a little less than two weeks to go before World of Warcraft: Shadowlands officially releases, the pre-launch event for the game is already live. The event brings about a short quest chain to get players ready for the main new content, as well as new dailies that can be done up until the full expansion arrives. The pre-launch event for Shadowlands also has twenty Rares spawning in Icecrown and they are dropping some rare loot to players who defeat them.
Rares are essentially bosses that spawn in open zones for players to take down. Before getting the Rares to spawn in Icecrown, adventurers will first have to complete the Shadowlands prelude story available in the pre-launch event, in which they must fight Nathanos Blightcaller. Once this is complete, the Rares will spawn in Icecrown on a twenty-minute timer rotation.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
To keep groups from slaughtering the Rares too quickly, a two-minute timer will pop up and let players in the area know a battle with one of World of Warcraft‘s Rares is about to take place. For anyone who wants to defeat all twenty of Shadowlands’ Rares, they spawn in the same order repeatedly, so it’s not too difficult to get them all in a single run. And since they can drop rare loot, it’s always a good idea to try some of the fights more than once.
WoW: Shadowlands’ Rares Spawning Order & Loot
Generally, the Rares in Shadowlands will drop gear with an item level of 110, some Scourgestones, and possibly rarer items like mounts and bags. Bronjahm in particular is sought after, because he’s guaranteed to drop a Papa’s Mint Condition Bag – so no RNG is involved. This is a 34-slot bag, which makes it extremely useful. The Rares spawn in the following order, and here’s all the loot each one drops:
- Blood Queen Lana’thel: Mail chest, Plate hands, Agility polearm
- Professor Putricide: Leather helm, Plate chest, Melee Critical Strike trinket
- Lady Deathwhisper: Cloth shoulders, Leather chest, Mail hands
- Skadi the Ruthless: Plate waist, Leather chest, Mail feet, Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake
- Ingvar the Plunderer: Leather waist, Critical Strike ring, Haste ring, 2-handed Strength axe
- Prince Keleseth: Strength cloak, Agility fist weapon, Leather feet, Mail waist, Mail hands, Critical Strike/Haste necklace
- The Black Knight: Intellect dagger, Leather shoulders, Plate helm
- Bronjahm: Cloth hands, Mail helm, Plate hands, Papa’s Mint Condition Bag
- Scourgelord Tyrannus: Cloth legs, Leather legs, Critical Strike shield, Versatility shield
- Forgemaster Garfrost: Plate legs, Critical Strike ring, Mastery ring, 2-handed Strength mace
- Marwyn: Cloth shoulders, Cloth helm, Mail chest
- Falric: Cloth wrists, Plate shoulders, Plate legs
- The Prophet Tharon’ja: Leather legs, Critical Strike ring, Versatility ring, Critical Strike shield, Mastery shield
- Novos the Summoner: Mail wrists, Plate chest, 1-handed Strength mace
- Trollgore: Cloth helm, 2-handed Strength sword
- Krik’thir the Gatewatcher: 1-handed Agility dagger
- Prince Taldaram: Strength cloak, Agility fist weapon, Leather feet, Mail waist, Mail hands, Critical Strike necklace, Haste necklace
- Elder Nadox: Haste ring, Versatility ring
- Noth the Plaguebringer: Cloth chest, Versatility ring, Mastery ring
- Patchwerk: Leather waist, Mail shoulders, 2-handed Strength axe
Each rare spawn in World of Warcraft: Shadowlands also has a chance to drop an Accursed Keepsake, which can spawn a ghost. Overall, the gear is a little low-level for most players, but some of the rarer drops like the Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake will give players a mount. Until World of Warcraft: Shadowlands officially releases, it’s a great way to enjoy the pre-launch event.
Next: Which World of Warcraft DPS Classes Are Best For Shadowlands?
Disney+ Subscribers Hit 73 Million In Its First Year
About The Author