Kappa are little turtle-like river monsters in Japanese folklore, but in Yakuza: Like a Dragon, the statues of them make players some quick cash!
While Kappa may be little river monsters in Japanese folklore, players in Yakuza: Like a Dragon can collect their 10 statue likeness for two million yen! However, they aren’t the easiest little creatures to find within the game. Collecting pictures of the little guys is a side quest of its own, so players will need to keep their eyes peeled or deliberately start the quest.
This side quest can be started after Hiro, the owner of baitohero.com ask the player to get the pictures. As players may have guessed, this is where a good portion of the statues can be found. While this quest is a side quest, players will need to have completed chapter seven of the main storyline to unlock this quest.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
The 10 Specified Locations of The Kappa Statues in Yakuza: Like a Dragon
To collect the pictures of each of the statues, the player simply needs to find the statues, then use their smartphone camera in-game to snap a picture of the little guy. A simple enough job for a good pay off.
- Window Shopping Kappa – This Kappa statue is hiding within Ichiban’s first residence south of Hamako’s shop in the Employment District. He can be seen peeking out from behind the curtain in the window under a green awning.
- River Side Kappa – This Kappa statue stands proudly at the river’s edge in the Employment District southwest of where players can play the Survival Can Collection mini-game. A young student is standing right beside him.
- Stairway Kappa – This Kappa can be found in the Fuzoku District. Through the alleyway opposite the WaterMelon, the storefront is a small parking area. Immediately to the left, through the green fencing, the Kappa statue is standing in the center of the stairway.
- Elevator Kappa – This Kappa is opposite the ticket section of the Kaminai Station inside of an elevator, facing the street. This is southwest of Kannai Poppo.
- Closeted Kappa – This Kappa is in the Snack District, inside of the Survive Bar for jazz and karaoke. Once inside the bar, head up the stairs and into the lone room, the Kappa is lying down on the top shelf of the closet.
- Rooftop Kappa – This Kappa is outside on an upper level across from the Geomijul building in the Korean District. On the outside of the Geomijul building, there is an orange staircase, heading to the top of the steps, players can see this Kappa on the rooftop of the building to the left.
- Liumang Gang Kappa – This Kappa is in the Chinese Food District, in the first section of the path to the Liumang Gang hideout. It is standing just above the two air conditioning units next to the green door awning.
- Bay Kappa – This Kappa is in the North Kaminai Station area behind the Batting Center Mirai near the fencing with a small sign next to it.
- Storefront Kappa – This Kappa is in the Chinatown District west of the crossroad in a little nook between the storefronts to the north.
- Food Truck Kappa – This Kappa is hanging out in the white food truck in Yokohama Park to the right of the Dragon Kart building.
Next: Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS5 Release Date And Free PS4 Upgrade Announced
Yakuza: Like A Dragon is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PC, Linux, and Mac iOS.
D&D: What Session Zero Is (& Why All DMs Should Include It)
About The Author